As of December 30, 2011, there's a new Carb Back-Loading forum in town, and it's a members-only club for those who've bought the Carb Back-Loading book.
To get access to the members-only CBL forum, you have to request membership to the CBL Members group
Membership to the CBL Members group will be granted only to those who have bought the book, which will be checked by email address.NEW INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW TO GET ACCESS:
We have a new automatic check-a-majig system in place.
Look in your user profile by clicking the Profile button on the menu at the top of any forum page. Then look for a section of your Profile called "Books."
In the Books section, look for the Carb Back-Loading book cover (the Carbon edition).Click on the CBL book
to start the membership verification. If your email address matched the one you bought the book with, the process should complete successfully.If your email address for the forums is different from the one you used to buy the book
(or if the book was a gift), use the form that pops up when the verification process fails to enter in the different email address, and submit it to try again.
If THAT doesn't work, you can always send an email to an Admin. (We now have a couple of very nice people operating some of this admin stuff behind the scenes, so you will not be sending an email to Naomi or Kiefer for membership requests.)
The Carb Back-Loading members-only forum contains:
* Official Q&A (guaranteed to be read by Kiefer at least once a day or else I cut off his cherry turnover supply)
* Member logs (split for Strength Accumulators, Density Bulkers, and "Rogues")
* FOOD! Member-submitted recipes (and a few by Kiefer and me too), protein shake suggestions, coffee cocktails, meal plan critiques, the works.
* Frequently Asked Questions (a useful one indeed)
This forum will remain as a general Q&A for those interested in the book and will remain open to Guests.
However, we may occasionally move posts from this forum to the official members-only forum when and if appropriate.
OLD INSTRUCTIONS (use only if the above fails):
- Go into your user Profile and look for the menu item "Modify Profile".
- Scroll to get to the "Group Membership" item at the bottom of this drop-down selector.
- You should see a "CBL Members" item with a link to "request membership". Click that and you'll be presented with a text box to fill in.
- Please put your email address -- the email address use to purchase the book -- into this space.
- Finally... wait. Your request will reach us instantly, but we'll be dealing with hundreds of requests, so, ya know, be patient.